Monday, December 20

Thaksgiving

This post is a little late, but who's really counting?
This year's Thanksgiving went pretty well. The menu, you ask? Let's recap...

Appetizers
Balsalmic Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Herbed Ricotta Crostini
Warm Crab and Artichoke Dip with French Bread
Winter Sangria

From Left to Right- Herbed Ricotta, Roasted Grape Tomatoes, Crackers and Carrots, Crostini

Main
Roasted Turkey with Lemon, Rosemary, and Garlic
Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes with Creme Fraiche and Chives
Sourdough, Mushroom, and Leek Stuffing
Maple Roasted Root Vegetables
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
Sweet Potato Casserole
Salad- Tomato, Cucumber, and Avocado
Cranberry Sauce Flavored with Orange

From Left to Right- Salad, Sweet Potato Casserole w/ Marshmallows, Stuffing, Turkey, Roasted Root Veg
Not Pictured: Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls

Dessert
Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie
Banana Chocolate Chip Crossaint Bread Pudding

Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie, Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

Overall, the smashed potatoes and stuffing were my favorite. The stuffing was so perfectly chewy and crunchy on the bottom, savory but not salty. The mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious without being too filing. The bread pudding was good, but I think I could have done with a little less liquid, it didn't exactly set how it was supposed to. The herbed ricotta was so so yummy and there was a lot left over so it was great the next morning on a piece of sourdough toast with a scrambled egg. There was also a lot of cranberry sauce left over, so I made Left Over Cranberry Sauce Muffins that I added a little almond extract too and sprinkled some sliced almonds on top of. Very easy, and very good.

This Christmas, my family and I will return to our tradition of going to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner. We haven't done it in a while, probably 4 or 5 years. As hectic and crazy as it might get with 30 people from 2 families, it's what I remember as "the holidays" growing up. I love it. Tonight, I'm going to Westside Tavern with my Aunt, Stepmom, and cousins and then to see Black Swan afterward. Updates to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment