Tuesday, January 4

BLD

Brilliantly and Largely Delicious? Boss Latte Drinks? Yes, and yes. BLD - Breakfast Lunch and Dinner - is my new brunch locale in LA. Usually when out to breakfast or brunch, I frequent the pancakes, the french toasts, or the simple egg plates but I went on a whim and ordered Huevos Rancheros not even knowing if the beans were vegetarian. I never asked because they were too delicious to find out the answer...

In a wide but shallow bowl lay my perfect over medium eggs, my salsa fresca, my hunk of avocado, and my two crispy corn tortilla shells. Underneath it all sat a pool of whole beans, speckled with cotija. See below. Beware of subsequent enraging jealousy.

BLD's Huevos Rancheros


Another notable bad boy was the Blueberry Ricotta Pancake that has been featured on Food Network's The Best Thing I ever Ate. I'm not a huge fan of pancakes that are any thicker than 1/4 inch, other than my own chunky banana pancakes (recipe to come). These are the other exception. Despite their look, they are not doughy because of the ricotta, they're just thick... and insanely fluffy....and insanely good. Any griddle item you order at BLD comes with a personal-sized bottle of maple syrup shaped like a log cabin. We wanted to take ours home but we figured they probably get refilled. I question whether or not my latte was non-fat as I requested because it was so creamy. The foam was sweet and the drink was not bitter at all. A latte at it's finest.

Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes


Everyone at the table thoroughly enjoyed our little New Years Day Brunch just as much as I did. We were stuffed, over-indulged, and all agreed it was a great start to 2011. The sun was even out, which was a rare sight this past winter in Los Angeles.

Satisfaction.
New Year's Resolution: Try lunch and diner at BLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment